Wednesday, December 28, 2011

"Facebook message me! Twitter isn't working, I can't DM you right now", "Hey check your phone I texted you", "Why didn't you reply my Whatsapp/BBM/iMessage?" - I am so sick of technology accelerating a relationship that is premature. Think about it. Just because two people have texted each other 6 hours a day for two weeks, they assume they know everything about each other. Well, no. Technology can never communicate sincerity, the millions of facial expressions, intonations, a hurting pause, the flicker of an eye, as well as reality can. Don't expect wonders beyond a screen. Don't settle for an instant connectivity to substitute a beautiful experience. Optical fibers ain't gonna give you the same sparks that a real conversation can. Instant messaging takes no effort on each other's part. Call me a cavelady who's still stuck trying to relive the chivalry of the Middle Ages, but I think, oh wait, I know I'm pretty much worth the pursuit.

No comments: