Tuesday, December 27, 2011

1 Timothy 6:6

Spending time with God always puts everything into perspective. It's choosing to say, my life isn't okay right now and these feelings are not right, and God, You have to show me and tell me why I feel this way. God, I'm not budging till you tell me why. I don't care how terrible You tell me my heart is or how much darkness I am still hiding or the things I tell myself I am not - God, You need to show me because I am never going to go beyond this mark and I know I am not going to grow if I don't know the reason why. We can never grow if we are trying to move forward but we know somewhere that there is something not right. The reasons why it's not right doesn't seem very clear and sometimes it doesn't even seem important. But that snag could be what holds us back and tears a hole in us that can only get bigger over time if we don't mend it. The Holy Spirit is there in us for a reason, to guide us and to teach us. He is God in us. He is uneasy when there is something in us which isn't right with God. He tells us. The small pangs of conviction in us is a sign for us to check our motives and reasons and heart. Always checking and searching our heart is discipline for us - and discipline never seems pleasant at that time, but painful. However, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. (Hebrews 12:11)

Child,
why are you comparing
as if all that I have given you
is not enough?


But God, no
You gave Your life up for me
how could that not be enough?

Then
I have given you all you need,
compare no more.


"Godliness with contentment is great gain."

No comments: