Thursday, November 24, 2011

Everyone falls sometimes. Maybe not a jump-off-a-cliff sort of fall each time, but a fall nonetheless. A trip over a stubborn rock. A clumsy crash you could have avoided - Oops, too late. A slip on a banana peel. We all tumble more than a washing machine.

But its all about your attitude.

You find the positive in every negative - Even if that positive is so small, Google Maps can't even locate it. You find it. It's there.

I can't stand it when people moan and groan like their lives are ending, although it's mostly over small matters. You don't see people in Ethiopia anguished about who among their friends have been backstabbing them. You don't see the persecuted in China griping about how their moms are nagging them to do house chores.

"But Hannah," you whine, "that doesn't even make sense! That doesn't even relate to my life! I'm certainly not a starving Ethiopian! I'm certainly not being persecuted in China!"

You aren't. But what about those who are? What makes them different from who you are? How come they can survive despite how they live and how they are being treated?

We are so spoilt. We get hit by a stone but we cry about it like its a boulder.

You might fall today, it doesn't mean you'll never get up.
You might cry today, it doesn't mean the tears will never dry.
You might hurt today, it doesn't mean that hurts don't heal.
You might have had the worst day ever - It doesn't mean there are no other days left in the year for you to find happiness in.

Sometimes it just hits me how weak and selfish we are. We don't know troubles, we don't know the true pain of toil and labour. We don't know how to find goodness. One thing we do know - We're pretty bloody good at complaining.

Let's stop being so ungrateful. Let's stop being so selfish. Lets

thank God for the sink full of dirty dishes, reminding me of nice food to eat.
thank God for the pile of dirty laundry, reminding me of nice clothes to wear.
thank God for the dirty toilet that needs to be washed, reminding me of convenience.
thank God for the amount of chores awaiting, reminding me how richly You have blessed this family.

5 comments:

Funmilayo said...

so true, I definitely need to have a more grateful attitude

Hannah Banana said...

So do I, lovely! Have a blessed daaaaaaayyy!:)

Jarod Yong said...

You're very mature for a young person.
I'm sure you'll make an excellent citizen.
=)

Hannah Banana said...

An excellent citizen like you? Bwahahaha thanks!:) I first read about your blog in the star newspaper. aha!

Jarod Yong said...

I think you can do better than me.
=)