Monday, October 3, 2011

His Love for Me

"Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God."  (II Corinthians 3:5)

"..for in Him we live and move and exist ..." (Acts 17:28)

Jesus Christ is in my life . . . 
there is no other.
The thought of  spending a single day
outside His love
His gentleness
His tenderness
His understanding
His power
is not only frightening
it causes me to despair
to become weak with hopelessness.

How could I ever meet "today"
if I had to do it alone?
For not only do I draw from His strength
but I grasp for His
faithfulness to me
His complete acceptance of me
the peace that I find only in His presence.
For, you see, I've come to accept myself because of Him.
I find that I do those things
which are kind and good loving others
while I bask in His love for me!

All I am or ever hope to be
lies in Him.
Without Him -- I am nothing.
With Him -- I am everything.
And when I am not "everything"

 He loves me still.


Lifetime daily devotions day 13

No comments: