Saturday, January 1, 2011

Dear Jesus,

Its 2011 - A whole new year for me! Theres a nervous anticipation stirring in my heart when I think about Your goodness & faithfulness towards all of us for this year, cause God, I know You're a Father in Heaven that works far beyond our expectations. Father, I just don't know what to say when I think about the entire year ahead of me. Is it going to be a year filled with happiness or a year filled with trials? Sometimes I just get really anxious because, what if this year turns out to be a horrible year filled with so many problems? What if, what if everything just starts to go wrong in my life? ... And then you gently start to remind me, that You're a faithful God. That You're a God thats so much bigger than any problem I could ever encounter. That You're a God thats worthy of my praise no matter what the situation, simply because You're worth it.

I won't deny that theres still a little bit of anxiety in me about the coming new year, but Jesus, You're holding me in the palm of Your hand and You're not letting me go anytime soon. Since You already know the desires of my heart, all I can do is pray for Your faith, strength, grace & love to fill me as I continue seeking You and walking in the path that You've already planned out for me. You know every day of 2011, and You still remain the unchanging God that You are!

There is no one, Lord, not one who was able to get into the depths of my heart and change it to reflect Your heart. You've taken me through the valleys, You have been there on the mountaintops, You are with me daily and there is nothing I cannot tell You. You listen even when I can't talk, when it is just my tears falling - Your presence falls on me and reminds me You are with me. Father, You're the song in my heart and I just want to thank You for everything.

In spite of my failings and my weaknesses, You never gave up on me. Thank You...

Your daughter,
Hannah.

No comments: