Thursday, December 30, 2010

2011 Resolutions

Photobucket

This is a tough one you know! I really love doing resolutions, but I don't like to be super specific with them because I end up never fulfilling them haha. For the upcoming year, all I really want is to be the perfect faithful daughter (which is impossible haha!) and to have a closer relationship with God. I know my Christian walk with Him will never be perfect, there will be times where I feel like He's not even there for me (which isn't true, He's always there!) but I just want to be a faithful daughter, ready to do His work and walk in His will. Although all I can do is pray that He gives me the faith, strength, boldness and love to do whatever He wants me to do, I'm really excited for the new year with Him! Even though Resolutions aren't something that you have to live by, I feel that resolutions are there to remind you what your purposes are (Although sometimes God has a way of changing your purposes...) & what you're aiming for.

In all the things I do; be it serving, worshiping, helping, talking, making new friends, studies, everything; I just really wanna do it like I'm doing it for God! Like wholeheartedly. Its hard, especially when maybe you're working with people you don't like, or you're doing something you don't like, or you're just plain tired and worn out..
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. (Colossians 3:15-17)
But there you have it in the Bible :) Do all things for God. For 2011, I want to do all things for God. It ain't gonna be easy and I'll most probably definitely fail, but with Jesus all things are possible ;)

No comments: