Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Things I've learnt this year.

Photobucket


1) God can make a miracle out of a mess
I'll admit that as much as I (and most of the world) try to attain perfection, I cannot. I'm a hypocrite, a liar, a gossip, a slanderer, everything that God warned us not to be - I'm a sinner. And yet, Jesus came to wash away my sins and to transform & change my heart from the inside out. Thats miracle-out-of-a-mess number 1, and I'm still trying to comprehend that. I've made so many mistakes, Jesus was there every single time to pick me up and wrap me in His unfailing love.. Every single time I made a wrong decision that I thought was unfixable, God came and amazed me with a miracle that only He could be capable of :)

"Unless the Lord had given me help, I would soon have dwelt in the silence of death. When I said, 'My foot is slipping!,' Your love supported me. When anxiety was great within me, Your consolation brought joy to my soul." (Psalms 94:17-19)


2) Jesus loves me as I am, He is crazily in love with me
This would be one of the obstacles I've come across in my Christian walk - Understanding, accepting, and believing that God made me as I am & that I am the apple of His eye :) That He actually loves me (literally to die for!) because He made me with His own hands. He's taught me a lot about myself! I used to have a hard time loving other people, but He has opened my eyes & changed my heart. We love because He first loved us (1 John 4:19) and that is really really true. I cannot even make claims that "I Love," or that I know love, or that I understand love. but yes, I am learning about Love; I am learning to love - out of the heart of God :) Every single time I took a step of faith and trusted Him, I could feel His joy that I was willing to give Him bit-by-bit of my heart. Jesus literally rejoices in the Heavens with the angels when You decide to make Him the number one thing in your life above everything else... Trust me :)

"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in You, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." (Zephaniah 3:17)


3) He was always there, and He always will be
This is pretty self explanatory... He's always there. And it became so real to me that He is real when I started seeking Him. Its true when the bible says seek Him and He will be found by you. This year He was there in the little things and the big things and the important things and the unimportant things, and I saw God's faithfulness as He walked beside me the whole way.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." (James 1:17)



So far those 3 things are what stood out for me the most this year. Its different for everyone, but I'm sure we can all agree that our God is a miracle-maker, a wonderful lover & a faithful father! Am I right, or am I right? ;)

No comments: