Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Photobucket

Funny how the modesty talk has honestly changed the way I looked at my wardrobe :) I realise that when I see other girls in like short shorts and translucent shirts that reveal cleavage or lots of legs and stuff like that I'll be like thinking, gee thats kinda cheap/skanky. Hardly gives me time to think about my own shorts or my own shirts, that maybe someone else is looking at me and thinking the same way?

Tania and I were talking about it and we both agreed that we'd love for other people from outside our church to look at our church and go, Yeah that church isn't just famous for their worship! But the girls in the church don't just dress according to the worlds standards but they have respect and dress modestly! We'd honestly like to set an example for other people because honestly, the church nowadays is starting to look more and more like the world. We don't want other people to look at our church and totally MISS the presence of God because they're focused on how we dress or how we look.

Like the story Aunty Lillian told of her Hindu friend who went to church and saw all the girls dressing so worldly and she said, "How can they dress like that to a church? Don't they have any respect for their God?" And its pretty true now that you think about it. If I were to meet God face-to-face, I would NOT be wearing some tanktop and shorts. Dude... I'd probably be in a poncho.

No comments: