Sunday, December 19, 2010

Camp was unexpectedly different. It wasn't as intensely life turning as the previous camps, but I feel that God's doing something different. And I'll take it as a good thing, because God is always faithful and He would never give us something bad. This change in the camp, I believe that its a new wave that God is sending, and everything He does He does for a reason that we somehow can't see at the moment. Maybe He's telling us that, no, we don't need to wait for the camp to repent, we don't need to wait for the camp at the end of every year to turn your life around, we don't need to wait for the camp to stir the fire again. It could happen anywhere, anytime, and He doesn't want us to just limit Him to the D' Encounter camp at the end of every year.

Perhaps He's slowly, gently, guiding us into a whole new level with Him? Even if it wasn't something we all expected (God somehow always has a way of blowing away our expectancies...), we've got the assurance that He's there with us every single step of the way. And thats what He's been telling me during the camp. The past few months I've been going through the wilderness which I haven't told anyone of because its intensely frustrating. Geez, we all just want to be perfect don't we. Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so. Yeah, yeah, I know that but its so frustrating cause I can't feel anything; But if I've learnt anything throughout this journey with my Jesus is that a relationship isn't based on feelings - And thats exactly the same with Him. After questioning Him, God are you even still there? Well, I know You are, but are You even there?

He's just blown me away by the way He has told me that yes, He's still there. He still loves me, He still hears me. It wasn't the heart burning experience I was expecting, falling over in tears or laughter. But He came in a sweet, quiet, still voice in my heart. He wasn't loud, He wasn't intruding, He didn't bring the flames of heaven, He was just there. And although I wasn't happy with it then, I'm glad He came in a still, small voice like He did with Moses. Because if I'm going to expect Him to come with His intense burning crazy fire every single time, I am so going to be sorely disappointed....... He's saying that, Dude, you don't need Me to be all crazy with You all the time during camp. Look, I'm still here. Although I'm still, although I'm just a sweet quiet presence, I'm still here, I'm still the exact same God thats going to be with you every step through this wilderness. Won't you just trust Me?

After the camp, I've got all the assurance I need. Sure it wasn't like the previous 4 camps where my world was turned inside out, where major parts of my life was transformed with His cleansing fire. But this camp was something different, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Just learning to focus on Him while He's also working on other lives at the same time, and trusting that He's there.. Honestly, now that I think back, I would not want this camp to be like the previous camps. The previous camps have been great, yeah, but I don't want to be stuck in what God has already done for the previous years. I'm into something bigger, something greater, something holier.

I don't want to be stuck in the same cycle of expectancy, of putting the hugely creative God into some small box,
I don't want to be stuck in the previous wave if God is leading us into a new one.

He has a bigger plan, and He's guiding us into it. Can we trust Him?

No comments: