Saturday, August 4, 2012

Father,
I pray for Your guidance and leading in my life.
Cover me, and remind me that I am covered, with Your precious blood every day of my life, every where that I go.
Grant me the mind of Christ in all things-
to be aware of You, and wary in all I do.
to trust You and seek You always.
Please lead me to that place where You
become my Everything.

Help me, Jesus,
Because I know I will never be able to do this on my own.
Because I know only Your strength will prevail and help me to persevere in this life.
Becaise I know that You can.

Be my life, my Everything-
the treasure of my heart, the praise of my mouth, the reason for my living.
Let this not be about me. But in all ways may it be about You.

Thank You for loving me.
Thank You for Your kindness that leads to repentance.
Thank You for grace,
and faith,
and hope.


You hold Your hands out and wait for me. Ever patient. Ever loving.
But I hesitate to reach out and put my hands in Yours. For reasons that I know are all too clear, but entirely vague at the same time. So I withhold my hands, fear stopping me from reaching out.

Still He stands, holding out His arms; outstretched hands.

I am incredulous. Scoffing. Tired. Disbelieving.

"Aren't You going to be tired eventually? Holding out Your hands? Will You wait forever? How long will it be before You tire out?"

But even before questioning, I know the answers.

His hands never tire.
Arms that bore my sins on the cross.
Arms that took the weight of the world.

He won't turn away.

3 comments:

Jarod Yong said...

I love to come back & read your blog.
Your love for God refreshes my spirit esp what I have to face at work really sucks out my strength & faith.
Thanks!

Hannah Banana said...

Your words are such an encouragement:) praise God. Its always a delight to read your blog and be reminded of someone making a difference in this world. Be blessed!

Anonymous said...

We are happy to introduce Gaballi! A faith based movement to save 30 - 70 % off your groceries. ( PRODUCTS OF USA - Locally grown ).Gaballi Dollar Store - The first online dollar store in the USA,Gaballi