Friday, February 3, 2012

I said to the Lord, "You are my Lord; apart from You I have no good thing." {Psalms 16:1}

He is standing in front of me and I rest my head on Him. I lean on Him and feel so secure, so rested, so at peace - it is always in this hug-like embrace I find myself in so often when I have come to the end of all I can do. So I ask, "Why is it always in this way that I find myself in?", because when I come into awareness of Him standing in front of me, His presence, I rest on Him between His shoulders. Being held up by His strength, I know that I can lean all that I am on Him and still have Him support me. And He answers, "Because it is in this way, that you are not standing on your own strength but leaning on Mine." And that is rest, that is peace, that is security. Leaning on Him utterly. On only Him and His completely, perfectly able, Strength.

"Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in Him, for He shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between His shoulders." {Deuteronomy 33:12}

No comments: