Monday, January 2, 2012

Grace in Times of Need

Let me ask you a question: When does God give us "grace"? Oh, I know, every act of God is full of grace. But specifically . . .

"Let us therefore draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and may find grace to help in time of need." (Hebrews 4:16)

Answer: "in time of need." In trials, tribulation, distress, wilderness experiences, illness, suffering . . . whatever defines your unique "time of need."

Now, ponder this:

"Be careful that none of you fails to respond to the grace of God, for if he does there can spring up in him a bitter spirit which can poison the lives of many others." (Hebrews 12:15, Phillips)

* * *

Lord, I'm hurting. I am in a time of need. I want people to encourage me, to understand, to hurt with me. But I certainly don't want to use this time of pain to play on the emotions of others, seeking to get my needs met by clinging to the burden instead of responding to Your grace. I agree. There is extreme danger in becoming bitter when people do not meet my expectations, or becoming bitter when the pain doesn't seem to subside. Help me to be discerning, Lord. The desire of my heart is to walk in the provision that You have given me . . .

Your amazing, immeasurable grace.


Lifetime daily devotions, day 102

4 comments:

alvinchin said...

nice post hannah, visiting your blog as though its youversion :p hahah..keep it up !

Hannah Banana said...

Praise God then;) Haha didn't know you had a blog! Linking!

alvinchin said...

WAPIANG..you dont know ? throw your house with kolo mee liao..haha

Hannah Banana said...

Faster throw liao, I'm hungry.... :p