Tuesday, November 29, 2011

How November's holding up:


Nyums. I have been getting into cooking & baking a little, mostly out of sheer boredom, and also because my mom isn't going to be my maid and cook whatever I randomly desire (Obviously). One thing I have been craving all November is a nice plate of seafood spaghetti! Seafood is delicious. Most seafoods are an excellent source of proteins, vitamins, and minerals, minus the huge calorie content (Depending on how you cook it). Fish is great brain food! ;) But mostly, I just want some pasta.

Fun nutrition facts!
- Most of the nutrients in a potato reside just below the skin layer.
- Most of the fiber in fruit is in the peel.
- One medium sized-tomato provides over a third of the recommended daily allowance of vitamin C, and nearly a third of the recommended daily allowance of vitamin A.



Ye-ess, lately I have been drinking my mineral water with half a lemon squeezed into it and 2 teaspoons of honey. Other than the claims of others swearing by this drink to lose weight and detoxify your body (Not that I'm even remotely trying to lose weight.. Rubbish), it is absolutely delish. I am convinced that I will never go back to drinking plain ol' mineral water ever again. Never.  

More fun facts!
- Foods such as orange juice and lemon juice are acidic in their natural state but turn alkaline after they have been metabolized in the body. 
- The French referred to the tomato as "love apples", whereas lemons were once referred to as "golden apples".
- I cannot eat tomatoes or eggplants because they cause my tongue intense pain & makes it swell. 

2 comments:

Jarod Yong said...

So you're allergic to tomatoes & eggplants?
How sad!

Hannah Banana said...

I can't take most acidic fruits and stuff actually (not that I really bother) cause I have like a case of geographical tongue, but tomatoes and eggplants are the worst! Hahaha:(