Thursday, September 29, 2011

To one of God's creations, wonderfully & fearfully made in His image

It saddens me to see that you would choose to pursue me with such a cheap romance. I am worth that much? Or in more suitable words, am I really worth that little? It saddens me to see that I would be considered as like a piece of candy on the store's rack where you pick and choose as you please. Did you realise that when you looked at me, you were looking at one of God's creations, handpicked specially by Him for His purpose? Did you see that as you decided to choose the Internet as communication over talking face-to-face made the value of your words lesser? An email is too easy, words are cheap when you’re safely hidden behind a computer screen. What really is my value in your eyes? Did your eyes wander and did your mind lust when I walked past you; did your imagination fantasize of what it would be like if I was yours? Perhaps that sounded too vulgar, but sin is vulgar and you cannot sugar coat it. But be honest with yourself, is a lady to you just another person created to fulfill your selfish desires? Or else what is the purpose of pursuing a relationship when there is no firm foundation or common ground that leads to commitment and marriage? I ask myself these things as I watch you and as I hear you talk to others about other beautiful creations of God. There is no respect, there is no brotherly love, there is no realisation that God is their Father. You didn't see me listen, but I heard. Heard enough to have my heart break that I could be degraded to such a point where it seems like I am no longer special or uniquely sculpted by the master Painter, but just another girl you lust after to have your desires fulfilled...

There is a difference between a man who thinks that he is God’s gift to women, and a man who remembers that woman was God’s gift to man. I will be praying for you, dear child of God.

From
The girl that did not forget to reply

No comments: