Sunday, October 23, 2011

His hope, the anchor for our soul

Ever had those moments when the people whom you thought would always be there for you, turned out to be among the first to leave? Those moments when you had a glimmer of hope in something only to have it dashed. And it brings to mind the breaking of waves on the shore. The life a wild flower - here in this instance, gone the next. But what can I say? Aren't we all alike? So unwittingly human in our perspectives and selfish desires. So unaware. So ignorant.

"Child, as long as you keep allowing yourself to be broken by the things of this world, you will continue to be broken. And as long as you keep looking to the world, you will keep, and keep, and keep on, being hurt. Child - look to Me. Allow Me to be your love. See, I am holding out My arms - Let Me."

I've been broken by the things of the world - Unaware that He was broken for me! Now I'm learning one thing.. Hoping in the things offered by the world will only leave me hurting and disappointed at the things that could have been, but didn't, and never will.

There's a Love that never fails, waiting with open arms. And yet sometimes we unwittingly turn away from the only Love that could ever satisfy, just to look for cheap thrills. And cheap thrills is exactly what it is when it isn't saturated with Him.

No comments: