Sunday, September 25, 2011

To the Apple of My Eye

I look at you and I think, wow, what a beauty. I love the way your falls into that state where it's neither waves, nor is it straight, but its just. Your hair. Do you know that I keep count of every strand? And I know which strands are ebony black, and which ones are slightly brown, and which ones are just brown. I think your eyes are beautiful, even if you look into the mirror and to you, all you see are just two black dots staring back at you - I look into your eyes and I see all the tears you've ever cried; yes, every single teardrop shed. I look deeper into your eyes and to Me, they are just like the stars I first created at the beginning of time where the blank skies were the beginning of my masterpiece. You are my masterpiece. I love the way your skin browns so easily; did you know that that was how I intended it to be from the very moment that I decided I was going to create you? The moment your form was in my mind, I was delighted. I couldn't wait to breathe life into you and bring you into this world, knowing that you would belong to Me and I would have the ultimate pleasure of guiding you, working all things out for your good. I laughed with the angels, I grabbed them by the shoulders and danced jubilantly around Heaven; I couldn't stop telling them about the wonderful person I was going to create, that was you! The angels simply couldn't understand my excitement, but they must be pretty used to My kind of behavior by now. Imagine my elation when you were finally brought into the world, your very first cries were like notes of joy to my ears. I couldn't help but waltz around Heaven again, enchanted by how wonderful the works of My hands were.

I never tire of looking at you, listening to your voice, waiting for you. Each time I look at you is just like the first time I saw you in my minds eye - perfect; fearfully and wonderfully made. I know my works are wonderful too, I never ever make mistakes. Do you know how much I delight in you? When you make certain choices that go against society's norm because your first thought was to please me - My heart swells with delight. I balloon up with love and joy like that silly pufferfish I created when I see you faithfully read My word and seek Me, and I think the angels are tired of Me telling them all the time at how much I love it when you sing to Me a love song from your heart. Everything that you pour out from your heart to give to Me, I diligently take. I look at you and I can't believe I had it in Me to create such a treasured possession - I can't help it but love you. It's who I am. I love you with all I am.

Your everlasting Lover, Sustainer, Restorer, Teacher, Father, King -
Jesus.

No comments: