Thursday, August 4, 2011

Today's one of those days where nothing seems to go right, and everyone else just magically manages to frustrate & irritate me! Days like this where the tiniest problems magnify and I want to break everyone that comes in my way into half (...okay, maybe not exactly that bloodthirsty), it would be so easy for me to crawl under my covers and drown my misery in john mayer & adele on repeat until I fall asleep. But that doesn't really make sense. If I am pissed off at the world, do I try to make things better by dwelving into the things of the world? Of course its a heck load easier doing that rather than spending time with the Word, searching your heart to find the root of your problem, analysing your motives and surrendering it to God. Man, thats a lot of hard work and you might just find out some unpleasant things about your heart. But its like... Cleaning your room. Once you know your room is messy, you can do things the easy way and try to stuff all the nonsense under your bed, in your wardrobe, behind the piano, inside the hairdryer (basically, every available crevice in your room)... OR you could uproot all the dirty sneaky stuff thats hiding everywhere and really start doing a proper cleaning, although it might get messier in the beginning & involves much sweat and pain and the occasional dead rat.

The end result is pretty satisfactory though, if you get what I mean. I think its time for me to clean my room with a little God detergent and Holy Spirit scrub.

No comments: