Wednesday, June 1, 2011

One thing I won't understand about us as humans, is that we are so reluctant to say sorry. Especially when we are the ones that have been wronged. Does that make sense? Being wronged by someone, and then going to the person and saying sorry, although you were the one that was supposed to be apologised to? Nope, didn't think it made sense either.
When you're wronged, you just do not want to go to that person and say that you're sorry. "Why should I say sorry for? He was the one that wronged me. He's the one that should come to me and apologise to me! I'm not going to go over and say that I'm sorry. I didn't do anything wrong." Notice the abundance of I, I, I, I & Me, Me, Me, Me? Hellooooo pride, goodbye humility!

Sometimes its not about who's right and who's wrong. Although justice is so important, and God has often talked about justice in the Bible - but God also said that the 2nd greatest commandment was to love your neighbour as yourself. And loving your neighbour requires forgiveness. And forgiveness requires humility. And humility... cannot come forth from pride.
It's not about you being the wronged one, its not about the other person being the bad guy. Its about Jesus being the ultimate example of humility as He died for our dirtiness and sin as we received His righteousness. We always come back to the cross.

Saying sorry although you're innocent doesn't mean that you're vulnerable or being taken advantage of - it just shows that you're learning from the great Teacher himself, learning how to love your neighbour as yourself.

Just as Jesus did it, so must we.

No comments: