Friday, June 10, 2011

“The next time I wonder if You’re strong enough to calm the storm that’s raging against me, I’ll remember that night with Your disciples when You spoke and silenced the sea.”
—Shelly E. Johnson

Tonights youth was just amazing once again, God in all His faithfulness and love never fails to show up. I made a new friend, Natalie, and something wonderful happened. Natalie was asking Him who she was and God just told Hania to go up to her and ask her, "Do you know who you are?" which was exactly what was on her mind.. I mean.. Thats no coincidence. That's God right there. Not sure how to explain it precisely but! When Hania got the message from God, to go over to Natalie and ask her that question, she first thought that it was just her mind. I mean, why on earth would God ask her to go up to this person that she didn't even know and ask her, "Do you know who you are?", that is just ridiculous, but then again God made a donkey speak, so things aren't really so ridiculous once you consider all the insane things God did in the bible. And of all the ridiculous things, God asked Noah to build a huge ark, asked Abraham to sacrifice his son, let Jonah get swallowed up by a whale... This God, I tell you, this God that I serve, is an amazingly insanely creative God (and with a sense of humour too.. check out that platypus!) that can ask us to do ridiculously insane things which might seem totally senseless and out of whack to us, but actually makes perfect sense in the Heavenlies, we just can't see it yet.

And so because of Hania's one act of obedience, a step of faith, risking that fact that if she was wrong (Note: God is Never Wrong) she would end up looking silly, but her act of obedience and faith caused a child of God to be touched & reassured by His love. So sometimes we get that one ridiculous thought in our head and we brush it off thinking that its not God, cause I mean like, seriously y'know, why would God ask me to tell that person that He thinks she's beautiful, rebuke the Devil rebuke the Devil! ...... And if you can't tell, I was joking. Ha. Ha. But seriously though. We just need to take that tiny step. And put your right foot forward. Take a deep breath and drag your left foot along. And then your whole body. And at the risk of looking like a total idiot and fool, open your mouth and say what God wants you to say (or what you think God wants you to say). Sometimes we say that its difficult to hear God's voice, but sometimes when we do hear it, we brush it off thinking that its our thoughts! Once we start to obey His tiny voice, we will start to be familiar with it and recognise which is His, which is ours, and which is the Devil's.. It takes the practise of faith, the reading of His word, and spending quality time with Him. Don't worry about looking like an idiot - "If any of you think you are wise by the standards of this age, you should become 'fools' so that you may become wise - for the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight!" 1 Corinth 3:18. We become fools for God that we might perceive godly wisdom.

Hmmmmmm, Hannah.
Yes, God?
You know something?
Yeah?
... I am not disappointed in you, and I will never be disappointed in you. No, not even when you disobey me. I've seen it all, I know it all. My love for you is so much greater than disappointments - I will never be disappointed with you. My love is greater.

What an assurance I needed to hear. Sometimes we're worried about failing God and disappointing Him - listen to this. He is an all-knowing sovereign God, and He knows wayyyyyy in advance whether we are going to disobey Him or sin or fall short. He knows. It doesn't mean that He doesn't care when we sin - But it means that He does not change in His love for us. Man, this can be interpreted (or misinterpreted) in so many ways, but I'm hoping you get what I mean. But His love is so much greater, His grace is so much greater, it is His strength that is made perfect in our weakness. Stop thinking that you've disappointed God!

No comments: