Thursday, April 7, 2011

When people tell me I still have my whole life in front of me, I shouldn't think so hard about my future and God's will for my life, it frustrates me. Yes, I know, I have my whole entire life in front of me. But, guess what? I could die tonight. I could die tomorrow. I could die next week. Next month. Next year. 5 years from now.Life is too short for me to be wasted by walking out of God's will.

What if, I die before the time that people expected me to die, before the time that I myself expected to die, and I am standing before God the Father, and the Book of Life is being read to see all the things I have done for the Glory of His Name in my life?

Could I bear to stand before Him knowing that there could have been so much more that I could have done for Him? Could I stand before Him with the knowledge that I could have sought His will for my life while I was still living, but did not? Could I bear looking at Him in all His glory, knowing that I have wasted precious moments of my life away on this earth?

In this life, the concept of death, to us who are young, seems like an idea so far away. Like a distant cloud on the horizon, but we are hardly aware that death can come at any time. Like a sweeping shadow, it can come and take a life just like that. We see news of deaths every single day, and yet we just cannot come to grasp the reality that We. Could. Die. This very next moment. The very next day. We acknowledge that there is death in this world happening to people all around us, but we don't acknowledge that death could happen to us.

I do not fear death. Death is just a step to finally be with my Father in Heaven. But. I cannot just spend my life away on this earth like it hardly means anything. And I cannot agree with the people that tell me I am still too young to be seeking His will for my life.

If I am not doing His will for my life, then who's will am I doing?

"Jesus didn't die halfway for you, why do you get to live halfway for Him?"

No comments: