Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Today I was just feeling SO STRESSED OUT. My exams are in about a week, and I have so many activities to attend, and there is still so much more for me to study. I was so overwhelmed with everything, that I just had to clear away everything, sit at my table, take out the Word and just Focus On God. Soak in His presence, tell Him how I feel, read His promises, be still and find my rest in Him.

One of the key things that David did when he defeated Goliath, was that he did not see the present situation - David didn't see the bigness of the giant, the overwhelming terror of Goliath, but HE SAW WHAT GOD COULD DO. He had utter faith in God, and God gave him such insight to see what He could do instead of focusing on the giant. And David defeated Goliath.

When life seemingly overwhelms us, its important for us to take a time-out and focus on what God can and will do, instead of looking at the present situation. After focusing on Jesus and spending some time with Him, I realised how SMALL my stress is compared to His glorious majesty and sovereign hand! I have nothing to worry about, all the burdens and anxieties are cast upon Him for He cares for me; His yoke is light.

I'm so thankful that I have a God who is in charge of my times and dates, laughter and sorrows, holding my hand throughout.

"Out of all the peoples of the earth, the LORD has chosen you to be His treasured possession!" {Deuteronomy 14:2}

No comments: