Monday, April 18, 2011

1 John 5:20-21 [And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding that we might know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life. Little children, guard yourselves from idols.]

I've turned my back upon the world with all its idle pleasures, and set my heart on better things; on higher, holier treasures. No more its glitter and its glare, and vanity shall bind me. I've crossed the separating line, and left the world behind me.

Beneath the standing of the cross, the world henceforth shall find me; I've passed in Christ from death to life, and left the world behind me.

My soul shall never return again, back to its former station. For here alone is perfect peace and rest, from condemnation. I've made exchange of masters now, the vows of glory bind me. And once for all I've left the world, yes, left the world behind me.

My choice is made forevermore, I want no purer happiness than His sweet love and favour; my heart is fixed on Jesus Christ, no more the world shall bind.


//roxanne

No comments: