Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Photobucket

Whats happening in New Zealand and Libya is now all over the news and the internet.
I don't know what to feel - Angry, guilty, terrified, sad? Here I am, enjoying the abundant blessings of all that God has given me.. A safe home, loving parents, a beautiful church, a nation where I am free to worship my God. And there are millions of people out there hurting and wondering if there is a God out there who cares.

Another earthquake has struck Christchurch just barely five months after the last. This is so devastating and a lot were killed and people who just moved on from the past calamity were then again put into danger. They need beds, the need medicine, they need anything we're willing to give. I mean, we cannot blame anyone here. It’s nature’s game. But once again, I'm reminded that God is in control.

"I am the LORD, and there is no other; apart from Me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged Me, so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting people may know there is none besides Me.

I am the LORD, and there is no other. I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things." (Isaiah 45:5-7)


Libya - This issue is a lot more troubling. It’s too much for me to bear. Watching the videos, reading the live feeds, seeing images of the 5-inch bullets that are being used close-range on the people. Right now, at this very moment, there is a GENOCIDE going on in Libya. Soldiers are being burned for refusing to shoot protesters - Protesters are getting bombed down, lives lost, families broken. People with lost limbs and blown up bodies litter the streets, people around them wailing and screaming out to their god for help.

Don't know the reality of whats going on? Youtube. Google. Watch the sickening videos of people being operated on in the middle of the streets, of the bullets used to shoot down protesters which were meant for use on VEHICLES, people being literally shot down just for walking in the street and protesting.

On 20th February 2011, the death count in Libya is more than 500 and counting. The protests started on the 17th February 2011.

All they want is freedom. But seeing the lives lost, the blood shed and the people crying out in desperation - I just can't seem to comprehend this freedom they are searching for. Once again, my heart breaks a million times over and it seems like Satan has control in so many ways in this world.

But.

My Jesus is bigger, He is stronger, He is greater, in every way and every situation.

For no one is cast off by the Lord forever. Though He brings grief, He will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love. For He does not willingly bring affliction or grief to anyone. (Lamentations 3:31-33)

No comments: