Thursday, August 26, 2010

i've got this longing in my heart to know the Lord - to be one with Him and to be so in tune to His callings and the gentle stirring of His voice. i want to know Him so deeply that my entire being will be consumed by Him, and entirely Him. how could i ever turn back now that i've tasted and seen that He is good? how could i ever turn back now that i know He has something even greater for me, if only i would just continue reaching out towards Him? how could i ever turn back from the One that saved me from the depths of hell, from the One that gave His life for me? i could never turn back.

Father, You alone know the cry of my heart - You alone know the longings and the desires of my heart. You know that i want to love You and know You so much more, just as lovers do. Jesus, You're my beloved and i know that i am Yours. take me deeper into this relationship, Lord, take me so much further until i'm totally enamoured by You, until i'm lost in Your love. until You're enough for me, until even the best things in life pales in comparison to You. take me deeper, Lord, and more.


and even as i'm writing this, i can feel You saying, "I will."

No comments: