Friday, July 30, 2010

BEFORE YOU SAY “FML,” REMEMBER THAT THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO HAVE IT WORSE THAN YOU DO.

Jesus never said “FML” on the cross, why should WE when He had it so much worse than us?


So "FML" is something I've seen quite a bit on the Internet lately. "My hair just won't sit flat, FML!" "My dishwasher just exploded, FML!" and maybe even "My other half expects me to entertain his inlaws while he's away for 2 weeks, FML!!"

I don't like this phrase at all. It's very strong. You can't change it to "Screw my life" if you didn't want to use the swear word, because that's the whole point of it in the first place. It's a venomous, spitting expletive. I don't think most people mean it either.

There are a lot of people in the world who could really use this phrase. There always are. Right now a lot of those people are in Haiti. But at any one point in time there are mother's who've lost a child to a terrible disease, or families torn apart by debt or drugs, or whole communities living in poverty who have nothing.

They could say "FML".

And yet, they probably wouldn't.


Yesterday my mom nagged at me, I woke up feeling horrible, spent 4 hours doing homework in the afternoon, missed out on my nap, had a stuffed nose the whole day and couldn't breathe the entire night properly either, got annoyed in school, a whole bunch of other stuff.. And yet I'm still reminded every single day that Jesus died on the cross for me, entirely, and God will never let me go. That He is a jealous God, for me and I could never live up to His standards, but yet I am forgiven by his grace and unfailing love.

So I am NEVER going to say "F**k my Life." That phrase just doesn't do justice to the wonderful life that I have been given- life in the Eternal.

No comments: