Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Honey hair rinse.

Hmm out of boredom today, I decided to do something that i've been wanting to try for quite some time now - a honey rinse for my hair! Its basically just normally washing your hair with your shampoo or whatever thing that you normally use then giving your hair one final rinse with 1 teaspoon of honey mixed with about 4 cups of water and then drying your hair normally without rinsing out the honey rinse.

After that I towel dried my hair and used a blow-drier to dry out the damper bits. My hair wasn't sticky although i was literally using honey tea on my hair hahah BUT one thing I didn't like was that after that it left my hair feeling stringy and slightly clumpy... Ewww. Although it did smell slightly like honey which i like cause i looooooove honey! :P

Anyway I just let it be for about 20 minutes to let it air dry cause it seems that my blow-drier kinda sucks. If i blow dry my hair for too long with it, my hair will start to fry and smell like burnt satay, which fyi is TOTALLY GROSS. haha anyway at the end of it once my hair was completely dry, my hair was very soft. which is quite surprising haha, i didn't expect this honey rinse to work. It left my hair feeling softer than after using a normal deep conditioner (which i hardly do cause it always leaves my hair greasy and oily looking -_-)

The best part was my hair didn't frizz like it normally does after i shower, yay! i usually have slightly frizzy hair after showering i think its the humid air that my house always seems to suffer from. and my hair didn't feel stringy anymore. I guess that this honey rinse thing for your hair does kinda work since it IS supposed to make your hair softer and shinier but i doubt i'd use it everyday lol.

Oh well, it was something fun to try out, haha maybe you could try it out one day if boredom threatens to eat you up.


1 comment:

cookie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.