Friday, March 12, 2010

No Facebook (part 1)

For the past week, I decided to do the Daniel fast (or was it the David fast..? haha I think its called the Daniel fast, if I'm not mistaken)! The Daniel fast is a fast whereby you fast from something that takes up a lot of your time or something not important that you spend a lot of time doing, according to Wilson.

So of course, the one thing that takes up a lot, and I mean a lot, of my time would be non other than.. FACEBOOK! Oh, the evils of Facebook! Why dost thou pursue me! Haha, well yes, I do spend really loads of time on Facebook, even though it doesn't benefit me at all and I find Facebook extremely boring, so I don't exactly know why I spend hours on it... Habit, I guess.

I was actually deciding to fast from Internet altogether for 2 weeks (though it was mainly Facebook I was fasting from) but then during the school week we were given like 3 kerja kursus to do, and I want to finish it as soon as possible and those projects need the use of internet so I only managed to fast from the internet for about 1 week (which coming from me, who spends like 3 hours a day on the internet doing absolutely rubbish things like Facebook, is a huge accomplishment..! hahah) which I think is good enough.

I'm still fasting from Facebook for another week though, oh my goodness, it is definitely NOT easy!! I've already been feeling the horrible pangs of temptation during the past few days, and its only been nearly a week since I haven't gone on Facebook.

One more week to go! It would be so easy for me with just one click of my finger to go on Facebook, but discipline, Hannah! Discipline! Discipline yourself! I really need to break this habit of Facebooking everyday, so self-control is important. And so is prayer and seeking God, especially when I'm REALLY TEMPTED, which i am!

All for a good cause though, I hope to be able to not be so addicted to Facebook. Especially when its really very useless, really.. ;)

No comments: