Friday, June 8, 2012

What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit his very self?

Wake me up, breathe into me. As I find peace again in unfailing grace. As my soul stirs in the warmth of Your love, like how the sun rays beam down upon the drooping daisy that has seen too many days of rain.

Whisper softly, call my name. As I still my heart again to hear Your voice. As my soul rests and listens for the path You have laid out for me, like how You are the Master Potter and all is in Your hands for You to mould as You will.

Gentle presence, guide my life. As I lay it all down again to follow after You. As I choose to pick up my cross daily, my very self denied for the righteousness of Christ, and in Him I live and move and have my being.

Able arms, pick me up. As I find myself being lifted upon eagle's wings. As I hope in Him and surrender all, giving up my right to understand and be in control - For once again, I remind myself, this is not my life.

"I have been crucified with Christ, and I no longer live -
But Christ lives in me.

The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God -
Who loved me, and gave Himself for me."

Jeremiah 18:4, Luke 9:23, Acts 17:28, Isaiah 40:30, Galatians 2:20

No comments: