Sunday, August 28, 2011

be the Lord of my life
of my heart
of my soul
my mind
my hands
my mouth
my eyes
my ears
my feet
this beating heart encased by the
ribcage you formed
this blood flowing through the
veins that you shaped
the falling of my knees
the movement of my being

this life that i live
has no meaning
unless You become my source
my spring
my well
my bread
my water
my heart
my life
my being
living in You and You in me
yet i live in the world
grasping at all the things i have ever known
clinging unto all the things that make me secure
yet it has no meaning
if it did not come from You
for all good things come from Your hand
the heavens cannot contain You

i'm tired of being who i am
because who i am is not who You are
and who You are is simply all i am not

Lord
i will not
i will not sacrifice to the Lord
the Lord my God
i will not sacrifice to the Lord my God
sacrifices
that costs me nothing
for the sacrifices of the Lord
are a broken and contrite heart

be the remedy for my soul
understand me, for i cannot understand myself

no

i will not sacrifice to the Lord my God burnt offerings that cost me nothing

No comments: