Friday, July 8, 2011

Teehee, today I went to get my hair cut with Jaomi, we decided to go on a whim and cut our hair in a retarded way that we would never have thought of doing, EVER! It was, uhm, I don't know, we were sort of speechless and thinking, "WHAT HAVE WE DONE?!?!?!?" when we sat there and they started snipping, PANIC MOMENT! Hehe but its okay. As time goes by, I'm not so touchy about my hair and about looking good all the time. Maybe I've finally grown comfortable in my own skin, or maybe I've grown in Christ and He's led me to know that my confidence lies in Him, He is my one true Love, the song that I sing - Does it really matter how funny I look? Cause with Him, the joy He pours into our lives will always be enough to make our hearts sing, no matter how funny or bad or silly we look!

Looks never define hearts, and the saying "We are our own worst critic" rings true cause.. Honestly, the way we think we're ugly/fat/dumb/clumsy comes from our own minds, sometimes its planted there by the Devil, and the worst thing is? We actually BELIEVE the Hugest Liar in existence. God made each and every one of us beautiful. I pray that all of us (myself included) would know and realise and experience the fullness of His love for us and how beautiful He thinks we are, and really just be satisfied with how we look because once again, our confidence lies in Him. Once we start defining our self-worth & beauty & looks by worldly things, everything just falls apart. We're not of this world, we're citizens of God's Kingdom, how great is the Love that the Father has lavished on us that we should be called CHILDREN OF GOD! ♡ And you can bet that Daddy ain't gon' create no ugly chickas.


Pro's about having funny straight-styled bangs =

Photobucket

(1) You can squint your eyes real small, pretend to talk on the phone with a really loud voice, and look totally Chinese. Teehee

Photobucket

(2) You can shake the straight bangs over your eyes, hold out a peace sign, act like an ah lian and make your friends cry with laughter (or horror).

Photobucket

(3) You can take this as an opportunity to change your hair parting!

OK maybe the third one doesn't make much sense to you guys, but it does for me. For the past year, my hair has been in the same side parting. I have this extreme paranoia/fear that if my hair spends too long in that side parting, one day I will start to go bald in that area and all my hair on the side with less hair will fall out and I will only have hair left on the right side of my head! Also I didn't know how to change my parting to the other side of my head without looking weird, so now this is a good opportunity for me to change it (cause now, my whole head looks weird, no one would notice anything hahahahaha). ;)

No comments: