Saturday, July 2, 2011

Its easy to tell yourself you don't care. Toss your hair over your shoulder, shake your head a little and whisper, "I don't care." Whisper it to yourself, but do you really believe it? Please stop telling yourself you don't care, when you know you do. Stop trying to hide it, stop trying to shove it under layers and layers of telling yourself that its OK, because I don't know if you know this but, God cares for the really, really small things that you think He doesn't care about. I'll let you in on a story. One day, I was feeling sad and disappointed and hurt about a really small matter. Just something really small where a friend disappointed me, and I didn't think that God would care because it was something so insignificantly tiny, so I just told myself that its okay and I would get over it. And I said my prayers (Ignoring the small lie I told myself that day, that "Its OK.") and went to sleep. And I woke up feeling really terrible, still sad and hurt. I was going to turn over to the other side, ignore it and get back to sleep, when suddenly something stopped me. I felt God hold my heart and heal that small disappointment. How do I explain it? But it was really warm, it was real, and tangible; He reached in and literally healed my cut heart &bound up my wound. I had no idea that a hurt so small, could receive that kind of attention from my Father. He stopped everything and turned His attention to my heart, because His love is greater than anything we could ever know. So, this is for the person, that feels like his or her hurt/thought/problem/disappointment/etc is too small for God to care. Don't think that He wouldn't be bothered. He cares for every single little tiny thing that bothers you.

"He heals the broken hearted and binds up their wounds." (Psalm 147:3)

No comments: