Monday, June 13, 2011

Have you ever felt discouraged in your walk with God? Discouraged, not with God, but with yourself.

I have.

And last Saturday, I have spent almost the entire day thinking about it. I was disappointed and discouraged with myself, and that had brought me down. All I could think of all day was something along these lines: I don’t pray enough. I don’t read the Bible enough. I don’t serve God enough.

I don’t love God enough.

That in my walk with Him, I’m failing. I thought that everything was fine and wonderful, and I was growing and moving forward, but sometimes I just feel my love for Him shift and there goes the problem. So I got discouraged by this.

But God is good and He is awesome; and He is aware of what I had in my mind and He understood. And so He spoke:

“It’s not about your love for Me. It’s My love for you.”

It’s not about your love for Him. We fail. We fail a lot. Our love can shift, can fail, can become dry. But God’s love is infinite, relentless, and powerful.

He loves us in spite of ourselves, in spite of our shortcomings, in spite of our failures, in spite of our mistakes. So don’t go relying on, and bragging about, and looking to, your love for Him. Don’t rely on your love for God as your number one crutch if you will, to get you moving in your relationship with Him. Because it’s not about you, or your love for God.

It’s about the love of God, and the faithfulness of God, and it’s about how He will move in our lives and prove to us that He will never leave us nor forsake us—to bring glory to His Name.

So be encouraged, beloved, if you’ve ever been in the same shoes I had been. Because God loves you. Infinitely. Passionately. Powerfully. And He will never stop.

We love Him, because He loved us first.


////////

No comments: