Sunday, May 8, 2011

This much I know

I know that I could search a thousand seas and the highest of mountains, I could run across the millions of miles and roads that intersect around the world, search among the midst of a hundred different cultures and races, but I could never find another Love that satisfies like this. I could fall in love with the beautiful languages and cultures that will sway my heart. I could run along like a wild child on this earth and have the very breath of the sky in my hair and feel the dirt & soil under my fingernails; I could fall in love with this earth but I could never love it the same way as the One who created it.

I could lose myself in material things and aim for the very best in life, but could mere possessions take the very place in my heart? Scour the shops for something so precious, but even the brightest diamonds could not make me feel the same way as the Love I have experienced. The prettiest dresses could not make me feel as beautiful as the way He tells me, "You are beautiful." The most expensive shoes could not make me walk as confident as when He says, "I reside in You, and you in Me. This is who you are."

I could lose myself in a lover, feel the tingles when his touch grazes slightly against mine, feel the butterflies - But it would never be the same as losing myself in the Love that I cannot see. I could have a lover that knows my secrets and dreams, but never could I find another Lover of my soul, who knows my very thoughts and darkest shadows of my life, who knows the very depths of my heart and would not love me less. This Love that I have found, this Love that has found me, can never compare to any kind of love that I could try to replicate on this earth. Can never compare to loving another human being by my own strength. This Love, that connects my soul with God's heart; this Love is so different. When you have experienced it, when you have known it, cried over it, been broken by it, lifted up because of it, This Love can never ever compare to others.

This Love is the only thing that truly satisfies; He is the only way, the only Truth and the only Life. No one can come to Him except through Love itself. This Love is what I was made for, this Heart was made for Love. His Love. Nothing else can ever satisfy, except This. This is His rest, His passion, His voice, His being. How can I ever be the same again? How will I ever chase after other lovers the same way again when I have tasted and drawn from the very River of Life?

I could try to run after different lovers. I could immerse myself in the search for something to fill my soul. But deep down, I will know, there is nothing else besides Him. I will be reminded of the peaceful satisfaction and rest that can only be found in His Love. The relentless pursuit of Him for me - I will know, no matter how much I try to push the matter to the back of my head or how much I deny it; I have tasted His spring of Love, I have felt His breath move my spirit, I have felt His hand hold my heart and I can never be the same again.

No comments: