Thursday, May 12, 2011

John 11:35 "ἐδάκρυσεν ὁ Ἰησοῦς," Jesus Wept.

Jesus wept, He wept so he knows exactly how I feel when I weep. When I reluctantly hand him the pieces of my heart and how I know that I must feel worse before I can feel better. And how I know that this is the Jesus that I want, the Jesus that I seek, the Jesus that I will never have any less of; how I know that He knows exactly what I want and what I need and what I am living for and what I would die for. This is Him; Him in me and me in Him, Him in me and me in Him, I remind myself day by day that this life I live is not for me. We have all had broken hearts, broken by this world, the expectations of others, broken by another, broken by material things, broken by the dissatisfaction that comes from living for what is less than what we were made for, we've been broken by our very own selves; we are all broken, have been broken, in one way or another. What an intimate lover, what a ridiculous statement, that I am in love with someone that I can not see, given my heart away with no reservations to a man that is no longer walking this earth but a holy king and a bloodstained saviour that did what He did two thousand years ago, but still does every single day to those who choose to fall into his intimate love. With you Jesus, consumed and overwhelmed through everything that I have never thought possible, somehow somehow somehow I'm learning to trust in the one thing that I can not sense or see or rely on by my human sense. This is what faith is, this is what faith calls forth, believing in that which everything else screams at us to not believe in. I'll crawl on my knees through the dusty roads and scrape and graze my very self as I walk through the dry valleys before I can dance on my very own mountaintop experience, but my spirit will soar every single day that I die to myself a little more, each day I will die, I will die and die and die and die some more, forget my past and move forward towards what is true. Sweet surrender, so easy to fall off our lips but so difficult to fall into. Come, what is stopping us from falling into this surrender and letting go of all that is holding us back, the things we have done and said and thought and cried over? Jesus wept; remember, Jesus wept, He knows what it is like to weep, and so it is okay for us to weep over the smallest things because we've got Him, we've got Him and thats enough.

No comments: