Wednesday, April 13, 2011

"The modern day translation of Job 1:8 reads, “Have you considered my servant, Job?” Now the original Hebrew translation of the same verse says, “Why have you set your heart upon my servant, Job?” Hmmm that changes somethings doesn’t it?"
{source}

Young’s Literal Translation
1:8 And Jehovah saith unto the Adversary, `Hast thou set thy heart against My servant Job because there is none like him in the land, a man perfect and upright, fearing God, and turning aside from evil?`”

-Michael Crozier


This morning I was reading a bit of the bible in class since I came early to school when suddenly Brandon popped up in front of me munching on some nuts. So I was like, "Breakfast?" and Brandon said, "Yeah - Hey look, I'm having a little bit of nuts for breakfast, and you're having a little bit of God!" I never thought of it that way, as some sort of 'spiritual breakfast' but thanks to Brandon, some food for thought? HEHE :)

No comments: