Friday, April 29, 2011

"Love is standing up and speaking the truth. Love isn't tolerance - thats not love. Love is not tolerance. People wanna teach you that, love is to tolerate, theres many ways to God, theres many other expressions, no no no no no. Love is loyalty to His heart, to His truth, love is humility.

What He is doing, He is the potter and you are the clay, is He is putting pressure on your life. I often get that picture, I'm that lump of clay, you know, I'm that big blob of clay and He is the potter, and I feel the hand of the potter, and sometimes its just pressure, do you know what I'm talking about? Like pressure? Its the pain in your life. Its the unfulfilled desire in your life, its the longings that you have, its the misunderstandings. I mean, being misunderstood by your peers, by your parents or your siblings, thats the pressure, you know what I'm saying? We all have a strategic path of pressure that the Lord Himself, as the potter, is taking us down. And He's molding us, and He's going, just yield to My hand, I'm forming you, and I'm fashioning you in the image of love.

You are caught up in something so much bigger, so much bigger! When I began at a very young age to sort of grasp these ideas, or at least try to knock on that door, small things begin to get very small, you know what I'm talking about? You know the things that preoccupy your mind, like, some of it is good, but it just preoccupies your mind. Like, do they really understand me - or, am I really ever gonna be known, or who's really ever gonna love me? These are real questions that are in our heart. Or am I beautiful, or am I gonna be great one day, all these longings that come up into our hearts. But whenever you start to get divine perspective, and you realise that you are caught up in something so. Much. Bigger. than these momentary light afflictions, that pressure of the potter, you see that its working for you an eternal weight of glory, because remember, you're in the womb of tomorrow. You haven't, you barely barely barely just begun.

This is your one chance to respond in love. You know the one thing that God doesn't have is your voluntary love. Your voluntary affection. Your voluntary love. The one thing that He doesn't have is your free will saying yes to Him. Not just at salvation, but every day, in every decision that you make. Do you know, that that is the one thing He wants?

You are not of this world. You are not of this world. You are not of this world. You are not of this world, so why are you caught up in the world? You are not of this world, so why are we so weighed down by the cares of this life?

He looks right through your exterior, right into the core reality of who you are, and He measures you by your heart - He measures you by your heart. You may say, you know, I'm not that talented, I'm not that beautiful, I may get overlooked all the time, I'm not that rich, I don't have a chance in life, I don't have a good family, I have hard circumstances, you don't understand, I can't be great - The Lord says you can be eternally great.

It doesn't matter how much success you attain in this life - Did you learn to love? Did you learn to love? Did you learn to love?"

Misty Edwards, The Search for Revelance

No comments: