Tuesday, March 29, 2011

You know the feeling you get when someone talks to you about another person, and tells you things about the person that you never knew? And that someone points out the bad things about the person and then you start realising all the things you never knew about the person. And then your perception of the person changes, and you can't look at the person the same way you looked at him/her before - your perception changes for the worse.

It happened to me, and I wish I never listened in on the conversation. Just as how you can't take back the words you speak, you can't forget the words that you hear either. I heard bad things about another person, and I started realising all the bad points about her. I wish I could blame it on the Devil (Oh, the Devil made me listen! It was the Devil that opened up my heart to receive the bad seeds! It wasn't my fault, it was all his fault! - I mean, he's the one thats making me judge her...), but no, sometimes we gotta take responsibility for our actions in this life, whether good or bad, and no blaming it on the Devil all the time.

Me: God, I wish I never listened to them talking about her. Now I know all her bad points and characteristics, I can't look at her the same anymore! She isn't the person I used to think she was. How do I love her the same way again?
God: How do I love you?

Ouch.

Right where it counts, right where it hurts. The thing about God, is He doesn't beat around the bush. He doesn't talk around in circles, winding round and round the Himalayan mountains, walking for distances across hills and valleys, and then finally gets to the point. He tells you as it is, at the right time, always knowing the right things to say. He knows what your heart needs, and He gives it.

God is right - How does He love me? Goodness, if I were God (Just saying if !), I would ask myself the same question! Most of the time, we are far worse off than the people we judge; only seeing the bad in others but hardly searching for our own defects and cracks.

If Jesus can love me, He can definitely love her. And if He can love her - Then, well, I can love her too.

2 comments:

Hannah Noelle said...

Wow... this is so true. I've had experiences like that sometimes and sometimes right after I think it I'm like "No, I've gotta love like God loves."
But that's the truth if anything is- when God needs to tell you something he's gonna do it and he won't hold back or anything, and it's all out of love, but it's so real.

Thanks for sharing this, it blessed me. :)

Hannah Banana said...

Thanks Hannah :) Your blog is such a blessing to me. God bless!