Tuesday, March 8, 2011

They won't listen, and take it as a joke. It hurts me, of course, taking their day-to-day insults is no small feat. It might seem like nothing to them, but personally it just reveals to me all the more what qualities I look to in a man, and builds an image in my mind of the kind of man that I respect and admire - A man that is hardly like them.

Of course I still love them.. I don't know how I do it, my old self would have been entirely consumed with hatred from them, but I realise that it is Jesus' love through me loving them. I do not love, but I love out of God who lives in my heart. I thank Jesus for the love he constantly puts in my heart for those who persecute me, because Jesus Himself never chose to love those who didn't love Him - He loved them all the more.

Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.

But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

2 Corinthians 12:7

No comments: