Saturday, November 13, 2010

I made You promises a thousand times - I tried to hear from Heaven, but I talked the whole time. I think I made You too small. I never feared You at all, no.. If You touched my face, would I know You? Looked into my eyes, could I behold You?

What do I know of You, who spoke me into motion?
Where have I even stood, but the shore along Your ocean?
Are You fire, are You fury? Are You sacred, are You beautiful?
What do I know, what do I know of Holy?

I guess I thought that I had figured You out, I knew all the stories and I learned to talk about, how You were mighty to save - Those were only empty words on a page. Then I caught a glimpse of who You might be.. The slightest hint of You brought me down to my knees.

What do I know of Holy - What do I know of wounds that will heal my shame? And a God who gave life it's name? What do I know of Holy - Of the One who the angels praise?
All creation knows Your name on earth and heaven above, what do I know of this love?



I love this song. What do I know? The answer is simple. I don't.

No comments: